2401 Pennsylvania Ave. Philadelphia, PA 19130
City life is easy at The Philadelphian. You’re covered with a full-time staff of engineers, security, concierge, door attendants, maintenance, housekeeping, and administrative support. It’s all at your fingertips at The Philadelphian from security access to elevators to your private living space. There is an outdoor pool, an indoor pool for year-round enjoyment, and a fitness center with saunas for starters. The first floor consists of professional suites with a variety of businesses, health care professionals, attorneys, and more. Just a short walk to the Philadelphia Museum of Art, Boathouse Row, Eastern State Penitentiary, Rodin Museum, and The Franklin Institute. All utilities and Comcast basic cable service are included in the monthly condo fee. The Philadelphian currently has a parking wait list. There are three lists for parking: Valet Parking cost $190 per month, Self-Park in Garage cost $240 per month, & Outdoor Parking cost $200 per month. Valet parking means the resident will drive into garage leave car at drop off spot in garage, leave keys in car and the garage attendant will park the car. The resident would need to call the garage about 15 mins. prior to leaving the building to request their car. The Self-park spot is located in the garage, but it is a numbered space that is reserved only for that resident's vehicle. The resident never needs to call the garage prior to leaving the building, and does not need to leave their keys in the car. We ask these residents to provide The POA with a set of keys in case of emergencies. The Outdoor spaces are the most limited parking available we have 25 parking spaces in the front driveway. The residents with the outdoor spaces do not enter the garage. Click Here to See The Philadelphian's Building Layout.
*The Fair Housing Act allows residents of almost every type of property - apartments and condos - to have an emotional support dog or a specially trained service dog if you get the proper medical documentation from your doctor, despite restrictive Pet Policies. There are now many emotional support dogs in the building.
- Neighborhood: Art Museum Area
- 757 Total Condos
- Most In-Unit Washer/Dryer
- Unit Sizes: 448-2121 sq. Ft.
- HVAC Supplied by building
- Onsite Rental Parking when available
- Cross-Streets: 24th and Pennsylvania
- Compare to: 2601 Pennsylvania Ave., The Tivoli Condos
The Association cleans the exterior of the windows every year. The common spaces include a marble lobby, a 2000 square foot common room with adjoining kitchen for meetings, films, and events, an in-house library, a card room, an art studio, and an onsite management suite employed by the Philadelphian Condo Association. The Philadelphian offers diversity in floor plans from modest studios-most with magnificent balconies-to opulent three-bedroom residences offering over 2000 square feet of luxury living.
Five Fast Facts about The Philadelphian:
1) The largest condo building in the state of P.A. with over 700 units
2) The building has a restaurant, grocery store, bank, pharmacy, and two pools- All On-Site
3) No pets, however, service animals are allowed and are always welcome
4) Houses some of the largest penthouse units in town
5) 2401 replaced all windows and sliding glass doors ten years ago, and balconies were completely refurbished 2016-2019
- -Expended $35 million since 2006 on making the building energy efficient (energy-saving lights and windows, new power plant and more).
- -Certified green! USEPA Energy Star certification 2017, 2018, 2019 for superior energy efficiency.
- -Extensive treed and landscaped setting enhances building appearance and environmental well being of residents.
- -A volunteer resident green committee works with the Board and staff to reduce energy use and waste with an ongoing resident and management education program.
- -Green roof on second floor enhances the view for residents on higher floors and increases property value.
- -Comprehensive Recycling Collections strengthen our sense of community while reducing waste and saving money.
2401 Pennsylvania Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19130
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
I became familiar with 2401 in the late 1980s when my best friend Bob lived in a studio in the "A" wing. Since that time. We've sold dozens and dozens of homes at 2401. Friendly in-house management staff and over sixty employees run one of the best-managed buildings in town. A close examination of the grounds, the upkeep, and a commitment to reinvestment can confirm the fact.
The sense of "community" in the building is rare. I believe that if you're looking for a condo with a built-in social scene, 2401 is tops in Center City. Finding another address that offers so many social activities for its residents would be tough.
There is monthly rental parking in the basement at 2401(valet). The shuttle that takes a loop around the shopping district is very helpful, and the building offers owners a laundry list of activities. I have often joked that the building could blast off into space and be self-supportive as it houses a pharmacy, a restaurant/bar, a grocery store, a bank, a doctor, etc., etc. Oh, and two pools- one indoor and one outdoor.
I first rode the 2401 bus in 1988 when Lionel was the driver. Though the bus and the driver have changed, the signature bus service of The Philadelphian continues to operate and impress. Hands down, the best bus service of any building in Center City. The bus runs Monday - Saturday from early morning until departing for its last loop at 10:00 PM. Check out the bus route here and the bus schedule here!
What condo fees at The Philadelphian cover: electricity, gas, water, sewer, and use of amenities such as the bus service to Center City, the fitness center, both the indoor and outdoor pools, and core cable TV and internet services.
I know MANY people who live in the building who would be happy to chat with a prospective buyer regarding a purchase at 2401 Pennsylvania Ave. Aka- The Philadelphian.
"The Philadelphian is the largest single building in Philadelphia. This condominium includes an on-site grocery store, bar, restaurant, bank, lawyer, pharmacy, and much more!"
Quick Sales Stats
- 2022: 45 Sales - Top price $900,000
- 2021: 52 Sales - Top price $919,000
- 2020: 28 Sales - Top price $760,000
- 2019: 38 Sales - Top price $875,000
- 2018: 37 Sales - Top price $750,000
- 2017: 31 Sales - Top price $950,000
- 2016: 30 Sales - Top price $1,050,000
- 2015: 25 Sales - Top price $850,000
Ask Us A Question About The Philadelphian