Learn all about Old City and search listings for sale.
A historic neighborhood in Philadelphia, Old City was once referred to as the "Warehouse district". Including Elfreth's Alley, Carpenter's Hall, the Betsy Ross House, and the Museum of the American Revolution, Old City was added to the National Registrar of Historic Places in 1972. This hip, urban neighborhood features converted factories and lofts with a few townhomes scattered throughout. Many buyers find the variety of loft space a real draw. Condos in the area are many and varied. From studios to larger rambling spaces, the historic fabric and eclectic visuals make Old City a popular buying destination for Philadelphia's residential condo buyers. 108 Arch, The Moravian, York Square, BridgeView Place, Wireworks, and the National in Old City are some of the big name condos in the area. All of Old City falls within the 19106 zip code. Great shopping, dining, and transportation options abound!
5 Fast Old City Area Condo Insights:
- 1) Hip and Trendy! Tons of restaurants and art galleries
- 2) Fabulous selection of loft-styled condos
- 3) Less than 3 dozen single family homes existing in the area
- 4) Old City boundaries are Chestnut St. to Spring Garden and The Delaware River to 4th St.
- 5) It is not Olde City, or Old Town – it is Old City. I lived in Old City for 24 year
Quick Old City Sales Stats
2021: 190 Sales - Top Price $3,400,000
2020: 115 Sales - Top Price $2,100,000
2019: 118 Sales - Top Price $1,925,000
2018: 141 Sales - Top Price $2,075,000
2017: 173 Sales - Top Price $2,050,000
2016: 178 Sales - Top Price $2,150,000
2015: 149 Sales - Top Price $1,600,000
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.